Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oscar Hangover

My many fans demanded that I post this year's Oscar arrival picture! My date, as is au courant, was my father in a classic Fruit of the Loom t-shirt (we matched) and navy sweats. I did change my ensemble a wee bit by choosing to wear the Hello Kitty slippers that were part of the JClo Holiday collection.

As for the evening itself, we dined on salmon pate (spread), smoked salmon, sharp cheddar cheese molded into the shape of Montana (Chalet Market), potstickers with scrumptious ling ling sauce (Costco) and Wilcoxson's chocolate ice cream (local). Our adult beverages ranged from Berlinger's White Zinfindel (the wine for people who don't like wine per Sherri) and Our Daily Red.

The telecast was not exciting as many of the winners were expected. I was a bit surprised that Sean Penn won over Mickey Rourke, but I think he truly tried to be less jerky than normal and I agreed with his political statements. I missed seeing the acting clips, but appreciated the honorees receiving accolades from past winners. Kate Winslet was great! The supporting catagories were disappointing. I still wish Robert Downey, Jr. had won and I still don't see the big deal about Penelope Cruz or Vicky Christina Barcelona. It was fun to see the Slumdog Millionaire cast again, and they seemed to be truly enjoying the fairytale.

Hope you had fun and as the end of the show reminded us...keep watching movies as holy day is only 363 days away!

No comments: